Links of interest for October 27th, 2007 through October 30th, 2007:
- Rad Geek Peopleâs Daily 2007-10-29 â For her own good
– For Halloween, a true-life horror story. "There is one thing that is even more terrifying than the savage cruelty of the hangman State, and that is the dispassionate sadism of [the] psychiatric State…"
- Fearing Fear Itself – New York Times
– Krugman on "Islamofascism:" Yeah, right, "…a bunch of lightly armed terrorists and a fourth-rate military power â which arenât even allies â pose a greater danger than Hitlerâs panzers or the Soviet nuclear arsenal ever did."
- Robert M. Ball – A Social Security Fix For 2008 – washingtonpost.com
– "We can shore up Social Security for the future without cutting benefits — or raising contribution rates" using modest revenue-enhancing measures.
- The Oil Drum | USA 2034: A Look Back at the 25th Anniversary Year
– "As we close this year of 2034, for the first time in a quarter century, we can now say that next year looks to be better than this last year. Our problems are not solved, but we know the solution and we are confident of our ability to work and sweat towa
- A Tiny Revolution: IOKIYAR
– Why do Republicans hate America? They fete a racist, anti-Semite politician who celebrates the death of American soldiers in Iraq.
- MotherJones Blog: Edmund Burke Speaks Out About Blogs and the Failure of the Democrats
– "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."